Posted by Dscry On 00:37:00
Escape Date: 6th February 2014

Dscry: dPace managed to get us a free game to a new room in Escape Room, Berjaya Times Square! It is rumoured to be a scary room and was named Haunted House. I really can’t wait to enter this so-called haunted house and see if the room is any good for its spooky elements.


dPace: For this escape, we brought my sister, as well as Dscry’s sister. We were blindfolded and were separated into three groups. Oh well… My sister and I were in the first group. Being led into a dark and chilly place, I hear some chains and padlocks, and I guess that we’re locked in some cage. I hear Dscry and her sister now.

Dscry: *knocked something* What the heck was that?! It must be something huge because it hits my head. Okay, weird. I didn’t know some people called prison their home.

dPace: Must be some mad man thinking that a home is segregated using steel bars. This looks more like some dungeon or prison to me. 


Dscry: I was seriously expecting a normal living room with a simple couch and a small table or something. I can distantly hear a crying voice. A laughing voice would have been scarier, I think. Anyway, I am greatly disappointed with their elements of horror. They should seriously consider calling me up to add horror elements for this room.

dPace: Alrites, let’s solve this quickly and leave this lousy place. There are some human body parts lying around. Could they help us in anyway?

Dscry: *pokes body parts* Looks squishy. I see some buttons similar to the ones in game shows on television. 


dPace: Maybe the owner of this so-called haunted house is the host of a game show. Lols. Anyway, I don’t think we should press those buttons until we find more clues or hints. Look, there are barrels around. I wonder if they’re filled with blood or alcohol. Can drink?

Dscry: Okay, dPace! You try drink and then tell us if it is safe to drink. Be my cup bearer. After all the work, we managed to free ourselves out into a space which I suppose is the living room. Oh! I found something. They didn’t reset the room properly and we managed to get out of the room in time. Somehow, I felt really unsatisfied and very disappointed with this room. I hope no one play this room for the first time and get the wrong impression of the whole escape game idea.

dPace: Thank goodness we made it out unscathed. Anyway, lesson learnt here is, “The room’s horror element may not be as scary as you think it is”. It’s difficult to trust or rely on descriptions from this company from now on, based on this room.



Amount and difficulty of puzzles – 4 / 5 
Common knowledge required – 3.5 / 5
Room complexity – 3 / 5
Players recommended – 6 (maximum 6)

Hints given – 2
Difficulty rating (according to Escape Room) – 5 / 5


0 comments :

Post a Comment