Posted by Dscry On 10:04:00
Escape Date: 22nd March 2014

Dscry: We are back in Escape Dungeon to explore the ancient ruins, Ruins of Damnation. This place is quite small. Thank goodness, there are only 4 of us here or else it would have been so crowded. The walls have many ancient symbols written on them. We should probably walk further inside and maybe find for the rumoured hidden treasure.


dPace: This piece of odd-thing looks very useful. I think we need to keep a close mind on it. Ouch! I hit my head on something. What’s this hanging bar doing in the middle of the room??? Be careful, Dscry, watch out for your head. This thing is dangerous. The game designers should do something about this.


Dscry: I think it is okay for me because I’m not tall anyway. This is new… So, we do it like this and like that. This puzzle is not logical because human sizes vary. Meh…

dPace: Though the idea was good, but the puzzle needs to be redesigned to accommodate varying human sizes. Anyhow, let’s move on the next room. Oh wait, or do we need to go back to the previous room? Gosh, more improvements on this room is needed.

Dscry: I think the room is okay. It is just that some puzzles may need to be refined. The decorations of the room is quite nice, I would say. The exit door is interesting but solving the puzzle to exit the room can be very confusing. As for the horror elements, there is really nothing much to expect which explains the horror experience rating of this room. 


dPace: Agree with the art and design. I would say the puzzles in here are tricky, but solvable. Ooo… I see a diagram, maybe the way to the tomb? Or codes to the exit? Or some treasure? Not sure though. And how do you even read this diagram?

Dscry: I like learning new languages but learning ancient symbols is not my specialty. Let’s try this. dPace! We found the rumoured treasure. Now, to get out of here. 

dPace: Ahh, the puzzle on the exit door is easy! I know the codes! Ooops… something is wrong. Did I miss something?


Dscry: Come on, dPace! Time is ticking. We got the treasure. Why won’t the door open?

dPace: As we thought, we missed something. After calling for help, the game master pointed to us what we missed and then we maneged to solve the exit door puzzle. Lesson learnt from this room, “A tool to obtain codes may be used more than once”. We did not do well for this room and got stucked at the last puzzle… Oh well…


Amount and difficulty of puzzles – 5 / 5 
Common knowledge required – 2 / 5 
Room complexity – 3.5 / 5
Players recommended – 4 to 5 (maximum 6)


Hints given – 2
Difficulty rating (according to Escape Dungeaon) – 5 / 5 (with horror experience of 3 / 5)





0 comments :

Post a Comment