Posted by dPace On 00:35:00
Escape Date: 12th April 2014

dPace: Fresh from our near loss, we are now attempting another room that has descriptions and introductions very very very similar to another game in another company. I seriously doubt their creative ability. Though this company does seem to have a lack of funds for their games, but designing a room based on other company’s games???


Dscry: The room is called The World Behind The Mirror. But, the game masters keep calling it as Day and Night. Hmm… So, this room inspired by Day and Night in Mission-Q? We will find out.

dPace: And yes, this room is definitely inspired, more like copied, from Day and Night. From what we expected, the game master told us that we will be separated. However, they do have an interesting way for us to communicate with each other. Now, I wonder if our teammates can understand what we are trying to describe to them.

Dscry: dPace! You won’t believe what I did. I… I… Er… See this thing? I got it from that thing over there. I kinda touch it a lot.


dPace: Oh no! Sounds like the puzzle is messed up >< No worries, let’s try contacting out teammates in the other room to find out if we can reset or solve this puzzle.

Dscry: This thing is too high tech for me. I don’t even know how to use it. After contacting the game master, we were told that what I did was right but, I didn’t try hard enough. Meh… There! Finally, we found the light. Yay!


dPac: Great! Now let’s help our teammates solve a few puzzles and hopefully we can get out of here. I think they need some clues from our room, just like how we need some clues from their room. Typical concept for these type of theme of rooms, right, Dscry?

Dscry: But, the communication is kinda lost. We haven’t even finished solving things in our room and yet we already discovered the hidden path that links us to our team members. It wasn’t long before we are reunited back with them. I am sorry to say that this room is not better than Day and Night in Mission-Q. Not even as good.


dPace: I agree, they copied the concept, but failed at the designing of the room. Lesson learnt, “The flow of puzzles in an escape game is utmost important”.

Dscry: Without much difficulty, we managed to escape from this world and return to the real world. On the bright side, at least we made it out.


Amount and difficulty of puzzles 3 / 5
Common knowledge required – 3.5 / 5
Room complexity  2.5 / 5
Players recommended  4 to 6 (maximum 8)

Hints given  2
Difficulty rating (according to Rush Hour)  4 / 5

0 comments :

Post a Comment